The Edmonton Bicycle and Touring Club (EBTC) is a recreational not-for-profit volunteer-run group dedicated to facilitate its members to cooperatively run bicycling trips during the spring, summer and fall, and social events all year round. We welcome bikes of all kinds, including road bikes, mountain bikes, touring bikes, fat bikes and ebikes!
Benefits of Joining EBTC
- Opportunity to create the kinds of events you like: enjoy dozens of events all year round, organized by members like you!
- Participation in the local cycling community
- Discounts at various bicycle shops. See Bike Shop Discounts
Why Cycle with a Group?
- It’s more FUN! is a good start, but there is much more:
- develop skills and gain through the experience of others
- meet new and interesting people with a common interest in cycling
- meet a fun-loving, energetic and diverse group of individuals who enjoy a healthy lifestyle
- enjoy the outdoors experience with the companionship and security of a group
- sweep or sag-wagon support at a lower costs than commercial tours
- group atmosphere provides challenge to strong cyclists and support and confidence to the novice
- it encourages you to come out often and get healthy exercise without going to a gym
The Mission of the EBTC is to promote for its members recreational cycling and other social activities.
This promotion shall include the maintenance of an active group engaged in the club’s activities, and ongoing input into cycling related issues on a civic and provincial level.