EBTC COVID 19 Ride Protocols for Members
EBTC is working hard to provide members with a fun and safe 2021 riding season. Restrictions from Alberta Health will continue for some time. The club requires protocols that are in keeping with these requirements. Indeed, EBTC will go above Alberta Health restrictions out of care and concern for the health of members. We will change our ride limits when there are changes to provincial restrictions.
A. Registration for Rides
To provide a structure that lives within restrictions of Alberta Health, ride registration for all rides has been implemented. The number of members who can sign up will be the maximum allowed by Alberta Health for outdoor group gatherings (minus 1 for the ride leader); fewer if the ride leader prefers a smaller number of participants. For more information on ride registration, visit the Club website.
B. Before the Ride
- All members will register for the ride online before proceeding to the start location.
- All members will wear masks and stay physically distanced at least 2 meters while waiting to start. This is particularly important when physical proximity is required (e.g., initial safety talk, ride-instructions, etc.).
- Members are expected to be familiar with the symptoms of COVID-19 and are recommended to take the AHS Self Assessment Tool before a ride.
- If anyone in your household or anyone in your cohorts/bubbles has tested positive or has been asked to be tested for COVID, do not attend rides.
C. During the Ride
- Members will not be required to wear masks during the ride but will be expected to maintain safe separation between bikes. Take your mask with you on your bike for possible use during the ride.
- No drafting.
- When passing, you may do so 2 meters away from the other rider.
- Carry your own hand sanitizer.
- No spitting, no snot rockets, and cough into your elbow.
- Do not share any drinks or food except with other members of your household.
- If meet up points are part of the outing, where participants wait for a short period to regroup, participants are expected to remain physically distanced at all times.
- Participants will be expected to self-manage and to remind each other regarding safe social distancing etc. as necessary.
D. Rest Stops
If rest stops are an official part of the outing, participants are requested to wear a mask unless eating or consuming beverages and must be physically distanced at all times.
E. After the Ride
Though we are known as a social bunch, please limit your time in the parking area after the ride. We ask that you to continue to stay physically distanced and to always wear a mask.
- 1 For rides with staggered start times, the prompt departure of each group is key to limiting the number EBTC riders in the parking lot and on the road. Being late does not mean you can join the group at the next start time. Similarly, at the end of the ride, be cautious about sticking around when other groups return. It is critical that members help out with the safe functioning of the Club by following all safety measures.