EBTC COVID 19 Ride Protocols for Members
EBTC has been working hard to provide members with a fun and safe 2021 riding season. We know that restrictions will still exist by April. As such, the club requires protocols that are in keeping with Alberta’s Public Health Mandatory Requirements and Guidelines to ensure safe outings for all Club members. The Club endeavours to be reactive to quick changes in restrictions to prevent interruptions in our cycling season.
• Members are required to register for the rides they choose to attend in 2021.
• As in past years, all rides will be in the Events Calendar on the website www.BikeClub.ca.
• In 2021, each ride will have a link in the Events Calendar to a simple Karelo registration form for members to fill out on-line.
• For more information on ride registration, visit the Club website page Registration Information.
- Before Attending the Ride
• Become familiar with the symptoms of COVID-19 and are recommended to take the AHS Self Assessment Tool before a ride if you are uncertain.
• Do not attend if anyone in your household or cohorts/bubbles has tested positive or has been asked to be tested for COVID.
• Bring your own sanitizer.
- At the Start of the Ride
• Arrive for the scheduled departure as all rides will start on time1.
• Wear a mask.
• Stay physically distanced from other riders (2 metres).
- During the Ride While not required to wear masks while riding, members are expected to self-manage these protocols on the road.
• Maintain physical distancing between riders.
• No drafting.
• When passing, move at least 2 meters away from the rider as quickly as possible.
• No spitting, no snot rockets, and cough into your elbow.
• Be comfortable reminding each other to keep safe physical distancing.
- At Rest Stops
• Wear a mask unless eating or consuming beverages.
• No sharing of food or drink and maintain physical distance unless you are part of the same cohort/ bubble.
- After the Ride
Although we are known as a social bunch, please wear your mask, continue physical distance and be cautious about how long you stick around in the parking lot.
Physical distancing and no sharing of food or drink apply throughout the event but do not apply to members of the same household or cohort/bubble.
1 For rides with staggered start times, the prompt departure of each group is key to limiting the number EBTC riders in the parking lot and on the road. Being late does not mean you can join the group at the next start time. Similarly, at the end of the ride, be cautious about sticking around when other groups return. It is critical that members help out with the safe functioning of the Club by following all safety measures.