*Membership is required to attend all rides with the exception of the Tour de l’Alberta*
- This event has passed.
Jasper to Canmore Cycling Trip
July 20, 2018 @ 07:00 - July 23, 2018 @ 17:00$600
Jasper to Canmore Cycling Trip July 20/21/22/23 (4 days/3 nights)
Come join us on a cycling adventure from Jasper to Canmore! This trip has reputedly some of the most stunning scenery to be found anywhere in the world. There are tough climbs on this ride but don’t let that deter you … ebikes are an option and can be rented at, for example, Revolution or United Cycle. Your efforts won’t go unrewarded because on the last day of this trip, Lake Louise to Canmore, it is 83 km of almost all downhill. This is definitely a ‘wilderness’ trip because we’ll be staying in hostels (although the Lake Louise Alpine Centre is pretty posh relatively!). All bedding is provided by the hostels (clean pillows, sheets, blankets). All meals are included starting from dinner on July 20 to lunch on July 23. To ensure a timely start on the morning of July 20, we will be loading bikes into the trailer on the evening of July 19. Each bike will be wrapped in a moving blanket so your precious cargo will be well taken care of. A pre-trip meeting will be held closer to the date. A deposit of $300 is required at time of sign up.
You must be a 2018 EBTC Member to register.
To sign up for the trip, go to: http://www.karelo.com/register.php?BID=394&BT=10&PrivEv=17590
Itinerary in brief:
Thursday, July 19
- 7:00 pm: Bring bikes to load into trailer (location TBD)
Friday, July 20
- 7:00 am sharp: Meet in the Chateau Nova Parking Lot (13920 Yellowhead Trail, NW) and board the bus
- 7:15 am sharp: Depart
- 12 noon (approx.): begin cycling to Athabasca Falls Hostel (choice of 38 km or 67 km depending on weather; decision to be made by trip leaders)
- 6:15 pm: Board the bus for restaurant; dinner at Sunwapta Falls Rocky Mountain Lodge
Overnight at Athabasca Falls Hostel Saturday, July 21
- Cycle to Rampart Creek Hostel (109 km)
- 6:15 pm: Board the bus for restaurant; dinner at The Crossing
- Overnight at Rampart Creek Hostel
Sunday, July 22
- Cycle to Lake Louise Alpine Centre/Hostel (93 km)
- 6:30 pm: Dinner at the hostel
- Overnight at Lake Louise Alpine Centre
Monday, July 23
- Cycle to Canmore (83 km)
- Have a shower at Elevation Place in Canmore
- 2:00 pm: Board bus for return trip to Edmonton
Ride Leaders: Tilly and Sig Jensen
Cost: $600/person (Deposit of $300 payable upon sign up; balance due June 15, 2018)
NOTE: Trip fees are not refundable. If a registrant is unable to attend and there is someone waitlisted who can take their place, trip fees will be refunded less fees.