New for 2015, an early spring “Southside Beginner Ride Series.” Brought to you by Dennis Nolan.
Dennis has been a club member for about 8 years but only participated more regularly in the past few years. In 2011, he was the newsletter coordinator. He prefers the more easy going rides, shorter distances and slower speeds, and as such, decided to lead some! He enjoys wandering the city and countryside looking for nice areas to ride.
He has loved cycling from a young age wandering the countryside around Toronto in the late 1960’s. When he was 22, he and a friend took their 3 speeds on the train from Toronto to Halifax and rode around the Maritimes, camping along the way. He also enjoys hiking, and a bit of snowshoeing and XC skiing in the winter.
Dennis has planned the first 5 rides of The Southside Beginner Ride Series, including
- Millwoods Rec Centre to Mill Creek to Louise McKinney Park on April 12
- Blue Quill to Henderson Estates on April 23
- Blue Quill to Wedgewood Heights April 30
- 2 Bridges Loop Blue Quill to Cameron Heights, Brander Gardens and Snow Valley on May 12
- 2 Bridge Loop in Reverse June 9
For more information on the beginner ride series check out the EBTC events calendar. www.bikeclub.ca