Silver Triangle Cycling Trip Sept 14/15/16/17 (4 days/3 or 41 nights)
The Silver Triangle is a loop starting in New Denver, B.C. to Ainsworth Hot Springs, on to Lemon Creek and finishing in either New Denver or Nakusp. This trip has fun activities (eating and hotspringing … and cycling) and amazing vistas … vistas mean there are big hills! We welcome ebikes2 on the trip so don’t let a few tough climbs scare you away. The trip will be supported and includes 3-star hotel accommodation along with meals and snacks. Transportation to New Denver and back to Edmonton is the responsibility of each participant; car pooling is strongly encouraged and we can discuss this at our trip planning meeting (date to be determined). A deposit of $200 is required at time of sign up. You must be a 2018 EBTC Member to register.
Friday, September 14:
- Arrive New Denver; staying at the Valhalla Inn
Saturday, September 15:
- Cycle New Denver to Ainsworth Hot Springs – 69 km
- Staying at the quaint Ainsworth Motel; gorgeous views of the lake from the veranda – – perfect spot to sip a glass of wine at the end of a cycling day! Hot springs entry fee not included3
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner4/snacks included
Sunday, September 16:
- Cycle Ainsworth Hot Springs to Lemon Creek – 112 km
- Staying at the rustic Lemon Creek Lodge
- Breakfast/lunch/dinner5/snacks included
Monday, September 17:
- Cycle Lemon Creek to Nakusp – 87 km
- Alternatively: Cycle Lemon Creek to New Denver (39 km); no accommodation booked in New Denver for the night of September 17.
- Those going to Nakusp and wishing to stay overnight, we’ll be staying at the Selkirk Inn (not included in the trip price because this is optional but recommended given the driving distance back to Edmonton; we’ll discuss at the trip planning meeting but it will cost about $50/person extra)
- Breakfast6/lunch/snacks included (dinner is not included; we can discuss at the trip planning meeting)
Ride Leaders: Tilly and Sig Jensen (Alternate if required: Terry Fannon for Sig Jensen)
Cost: $375/person ($200 deposit due at time of registration)
Number of Participants: Currently the limit is set at 15. However, if we get several couples signing up, this number can increase to 20. The constraint is room assignment at Ainsworth Motel where some rooms have only a queen bed.
NOTE: Trip fees are not refundable. If a registrant is unable to attend and there is someone waitlisted who can take their place, trip fees will be refunded less Karelo admin fees.
1. The Selkirk Inn in Nakusp has been booked for the night of September 17 for those wishing to finish in Nakusp. Those wishing to drive back to Edmonton on September 17 will likely choose to finish in New Denver.
2. ebikes can be rented at, for example, Revolution or United Cycle.
3. Pool entry $11.00 senior (60 +) or $12.50 adult; towel rental: $2.50 per towel (so bring a towel from your room at the Ainsworth Motel).
4. Dinner is included in the trip fees and will be at the Ktunaxa Grill located inside Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort next door to Ainsworth Motel where we will be staying.
5. Dinner is included in the trip fees and will be at Lemon Creek Lodge … we’re in for a treat!
6. A special breakfast this morning at Lemon Creek Lodge; included in trip fees.